Case Study: Airport Business Continuity Management System (PLG1)
- Prepare a 2-3 page case study that explains the current and various methods of airport emergency plans for infectious diseases.
- Research additional sources and comment on what you have found regarding the challenges presented.
- Use the following questions as a guide:
- What is Annex 14?
- What emergencies does it address in addition to those of public health?
- Is it necessary for there to be a separate public health emergency airport plan (separate from the aerodrome emergency plan)?
- Which global entity requires an aerodrome or airport to have an emergency plan?
- Which entity oversees its contents?
- Which entity issues an aerodrome certificate for those aerodromes that are in compliance with the ICAO standards and recommended practice?
- What is the advantage of having an aerodrome public health emergency plan?
- Who has the responsibility for activities at an airport in response to a public health event?
- In developing an aerodrome emergency plan, which entities need to be involved?
- With the arrival of an affected aircraft, where should it be parked?
- Is there a need to have a Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for the arrival of an affected aircraft?
- Conclude with your assessment of potential solutions to the challenges.
- The assignment should be written according to the Writing Style Guideand the references should be written in current APA format.
- ACI Business Continuity Best Practice Paper (ACI)(Links to an external site.)
- Airline Checklist: Emergency Response Plan (IATA)(Links to an external site.)
- Airport Preparedness Guide for Outbreaks and Communicable Disease (ACI)(Links to an external site.)
- Annex 14: Aerodromes (ICAO)(Links to an external site.) – Section 1.5 Safety Management
- Guidelines for States Concerning the Management of Communicable Disease Posing a Serious Public Health Risk (ICAO)(Links to an external site.)
- Entry and Exit Screening of Airline Travelers During the A(H1N1) 2009 Pandemic: a Retrospective Evaluation (WHO)(Links to an external site.)
- Guide to Hygiene Sanitation in Aviation (WHO)(Links to an external site.)
- Effects of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Civil Aviation: Economic Impact Analysis (ICAO)(Links to an external site.)
- Handbook for the Management of Public Health Events in Air Transport (WHO)(Links to an external site.)
- Operational Considerations for Managing COVID 19 Cases or Outbreak in Aviation (WHO)